Saturday, June 19, 2010

Memorial of Joash Wee

A memorial was held in Taylor's Lakeside College this morning. I sincerely and deeply thank my God for making it possible for me to attend this event. Be it with transport or permission to take leave, I praise God for it.

Joash was a great guy, loving and caring but I never realized how many people he had touched til I attended this memorial.

Quite a lot of friends of Joash came, ranging from housmates to college mates, church mates to random friends.

During the eulogy (where random friends would share about Joash), everyone talked about his smile. That smile is describe as one of a kind, dazzling, warm, friendly, welcoming, comforting and most of all: a smile that touches one's heart.

I knew Joash cares for people but when I heard stories of HOW he cared for people, I was amazed at how far Joash would go to help a friend, be it a close friend or not. Joash would always be there for anyone, even a stranger.

I heard of how he'll let a needy friend he knew only for few days to stay over at his place;
how he went all the way from subang to angkasapuri (KL) to meet a good pal who had lost herself in KL (and no one from KL was willing to help her). Just a phone call saying :"Can you come to Angkasapuri and meet me now?" without asking an explaination, he left his college and picked her up;
how he never complain of heavy assignments or delayed worship practices;
how he would be an advisor in any sort or situation;
how he would lighten any dark atmosphere;
Joash is a walking lamp of God.

Of course, he's not an all perfect guy. I also heard of how he would mess up his house. Leaving his stuff everywhere (even on his housemate's bed). Dirtying everything in the house. :)

Everyone, this is Joash Wee...


Such a sweet guy. Fun, loving and selfless.
I'm missing you dearly, fellow YES-ian.

No comments:

Post a Comment